Wednesday, September 4, 2019

My Family Tree

My name is Lily Dotzler and I am from San Jose, California. My family is from Chicago, Illinois and they moved to Silicon Valley just before my mom was born in 1966. 

I haven't grown that much myself but I do enjoy helping my grandma garden. Her front yard is filled with fruit trees and many vegetables. Ever since I was 8, my grandma and I would pick fresh tomatoes and strawberries and put them in our salads. We would also pick other things like grapes, cucumbers, carrots, apples, peaches, etc. Typically after picking, my grandma and I would have our own "cooking show", we loved making salads from the freshly picked veggies. I love to cook just like my grandma, but I realized I don't use vegetables in my cooking very much, But now I hope to change that. I would say gardening is a big part of my family, my aunt loves growing fruit trees as well as my dad and my mom loves growing greens so this is something I am looking forward to doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1) A plant would be getting bigger and adding biomass mainly using photosynthesis and cellular respiration. Cellular respiration and mainly ...